I’m sure you’ve seen images of the Dermalogica Phyto Replenish Oil floating around on social media. I certainly had and was definitely intrigued when I went to the media launch a few weeks ago to find our more about this facial oil.
It’s always a treat going to the Dermalogica head office, everyone is so friendly and so full of knowledge. Plus they have delish food!! But that’s not what this post is about (am I the only one that’s always thinking about food?!).
The incredible Dr. Diana Howard (Dermalogica’s Vice President of Research and Development) was there to tell us all about the newest addition to the Dermalogica family. Because she has her PhD in Plant Biochemistry, Dr. D (as she is affectionately known) is extremely passionate about this product in particular. Made from a blend of all powerful plant based ingredients, Phyto Replenish Oil has 3 main aims when it comes to your skin:
1. Restore the skin’s natural barrier: Camellia and Tamanu oils have phytoactives that help to repair the protective layer in our skin which, when damaged causes irritation, sensitivity and your leaves skin open to a whole host of nasties.
2. Lock in critical moisture: Living in such a dry climate, we could all use with a dose of this! Orchid Flower and Chia Seed essential oils not only help with this but they also smooth out visible lines.
3. Create a luminous antioxidant shield against free radical damage: Fight off skin nasties while looking all fresh and dewy? Yes please! Sunflower, Rice Bran, and Rosemary Extracts help to protect the skin while letting you “get your glow on”.
After hearing all about what to expect from this little bottle of goodness, and being sent home with one (so lucky!), I was pretty excited to put it to the test!
I’ve been using the Phyto Replenish Oil every morning for the past 3 weeks now and I have to say, I really like it! I personally prefer to press 4-6 drops into my skin before applying my moisturiser but you can also add a few drops into your moisturiser or foundation. While we are talking about the application, I have to give a shout out to the dispenser, it it by far the easiest I have used. You simply turn the bottle upside down and the product comes out, drop by drop which really minimises wastage which is fab as this product costs a pretty penny!
If you are in a pampering mood and want to give yourself a bit of a facial massage, this one that Dermalogica formulated especially for the Phyto Replenish Oil is a winner!
My skin definitely feels hydrated and soothed from using this product but what I like most about it is its light weight consistency. I am one of those people that hate feeling like I have heavy layers of product on my face and it’s not very often that I find a serum or facial oil with a “barely there” consistency that still delivers results. The Phyto Replenish Oil is very light-weight, in fact, I could still use it throughout this disgusting heat wave that we are going through.
Although it comes with a more expensive price tag (R1290 for 30ml, gulp!), if you can afford it, I think that this could be the ultimate summer facial oil for the day.
Hands up, who wants one? Err’body!
Well together with Dermalogica, I am giving away not only a full size Phyto Replenish Oil, but also a Precleanse! That’s a Dermalogica hamper worth R1920. Oh. My. Word.
All you need to do is enter with the Rafflecopter widget below.
A few rules:
1. Open to South African residents only.
2. The winner will be chosen at random.
3. Should the winner not claim their prize within 7 days, a new winner will be drawn.
4. Competition closes at midnight on Thursday 10 November 2016.