This post about the Inoar Kálice Oil is so overdue but at least it’s finally going up! I attended the launch of the “mother of oils” (geddit, like mother of dragons from Game Of Thrones?) towards the end of last year and have been using it here and there when I remember. I am notoriously bad at applying moisturiser to my body but I’ve been making a huge effort these last few weeks, and let me tell you, it definitely shows!
The multi-functional Kálice Oil is the newest launch from vegan and cruelty free brand, Inoar and it’s a goodie! There are seven incredible vegetable oils that make up this product: Argan Myrrh, Macadamia, Ojon, Sweet Almond, Jasmine and Rosemary. Each of these have amazing benefits for not only the skin, but your hair and face too. I have found the Inoar Kálice Oil to be incredibly nourishing with super quick absorption (so no oil stains on your clothes, yahoo!) and it has an absolutely incredible fragrance that is far from over powering but often lasts the entire day.
I really wanted to put this oil to the test, especially because it claims to be multi-functional, so here are my 5 favourite ways to use the Inoar Kálice Oil:
1. A really quick and simple way to reduce frizzy hair: if you’ve been hanging around here for a while, you’ll know that my hair is anything but sleek and straight, it’s full of curls and frizz and often, even after I have blow dried it, it’s still got a bit of a frizzy look to it. I’ve tried other oils for the hair but they feel quite heavy to me and make my hair look a bit oily, especially because I need to apply some product close to the roots as that’s where the frizz really stands out. My newest trick is to apply some Inoar Kálice Oil to the ends of my hair before I blow dry, and then once I’m done, I take the smallest amount, rub it between my palms and then apply it to my parting and where my hair looks frizzy. This works like a bomb and my hair doesn’t look greasy at all.
2. Cuticle oil: besides trying my best to moisturise my body every day, I am also really trying to pay more attention to my nails. I paint them every single week and the chemicals from the nail polish remover really dries them out, especially my cuticles, they start to look all scab-like and crunchy. I have found that popping on a drop or two each night really helps my cuticles look a thousand times better, making my manicure look less home-job, and more fancy-salon.
3. A super nourishing night time treatment for my body: remember I said earlier that I’m making a huge effort to actually moisturise my body, well applying the Inoar Kálice Oil to my legs and arms every night works so well. Generally speaking, I hate the feeling of a moisturiser on my body – it always feels heavy and slimy to me, but because the Kálice Oil absorbs so fast, it feels like I have absolutely no product on, when in actual fact it’s hard at work keeping my skin nourished.
4. Mix it up: if you prefer using a moisturiser as opposed to a body oil, I picked up this handy tip from Tori from Kiss Blush and Tell; add a few drops of body oil to your favourite body moisturiser. This way you will still enjoy the feeling of moisturised skin, plus you will get the great benefits of the amazing oils packed into the Kálice Oil.
5. A fab way for an extra punch of hydration for your face: I was ever so slightly nervous to apply the Kálice Oil to my face, I’m not sure why but I ended up slapping some on and I was so pleasantly suprised. I didn’t apply it neat, I simply added a few drops to my daytime moisturiser. The result is an extra kick of glow and punch of hydration. I want to add a drop or two into my foundation next and see what effect that has, if you get around to doing that, let me know how it goes.
So, now that you know how multi-purpose the Inoar Kálice Oil really is, the next question is, where can you get your hands on some? You can buy online at either The Beautiful Store or the Inoar website. Although this product is a bit of a splurge, it is so effective and can be used in so many different ways, making it worth every cent.