I’ve probably mention this every year, but May is a busy month for us, it’s Mother’s Day, my mother-in-laws birthday, my brother-in-laws birthday, my birthday and our anniversary! I usually have a running “lust list” on my phone; things that I’ve spotted that I just love and whenever friends or family ask me what’s on my birthday list, it’s what I forward on to them. Now as you can imagine, this list is pretty long, and quite extensive but I thought I would share some of my more recent additions, just in case you want to treat yourself too. I’ve made sure to link everything because you can shop most of these items online, woohoo!
1. Ceramic Protea Oval Platter from Sugar & Vice : Slowly but surely over the next couple of months/years, I want to start to invest in serve wear items that are more my taste. When I first started buying items for my home, I was 18, didn’t really know what my style was and just bought whatever was cheap-cheap. Now that I have a much better idea of what my style and colour palette is, I want to focus on investing in items that reflect that.
2. Tassel earrings from H&M: Look, I’m not the biggest earring wearer, but Cassidy has convinced me that it’s time to put in a bit more effort and try out the tassel earring trend. These two styles from H&M really appealed to me – they aren’t too dangly and are super cute, but in a sophisticated way. Plus they will do wonders to jazz up my daily outfit of jeans and a tee.
3. Doodle Print Cotton Nightshirt from Woolworths: I love nightshirts, especially during the Autumn months; they give just enough warmth without me feeling like I’m suffocating. I saw this particular nightshirt in Woolies a little while ago and I am still obsessed. And you can never have too many pajamas, right?
4. Stockholm Planter from Mr Price Home: I’m pretty impressed that I have managed to keep a few plants alive for over 6 months, although I killed more than I’d like to admit… Anyway, this planter is very much the colour scheme of the living area of our home and I have a cycad that I think will look pretty perfect in it.
5. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream All-Over Miracle Oil: Winter is so close, and if you live in Jozi it means dry, cracked, generally unhappy skin. I’ve gotten quite into multi-purpose oils recently and have been dying to try this one from Elizabeth Arden out, I’ve only heard rave reviews!
6. Human + Kind BB Cream from The Beautiful Store: A few years ago Human + Kind were available from Clicks and I tried out a good few of their products but I never managed to try out their BB Cream. While scrolling through all the different brands available from The Beautiful Store, I saw their name, happiness is! There are only two shades available but I’m pretty sure with enough blending and bronzer, I could make “light to medium” work.
7. YSL The Shock mascara: Okay, admittadly this isn’t available in SA yet but when it does come to our sunny shores, I must have it! I first saw it in a video by Rachh Loves and it looks incredible; super black, crazy volume and massive definition, what more would you want from a mascara?!
8. Lechuza Self Watering Planter from Yuppiechef: I didn’t really do any forward thinking when I started growing all the millions of herbs, flowers and veggies from the Checkers Little Garden campaign. It’s all well and good now becuase they are still growing in their biodegradable pots, but what am I going to do with them when they get bigger. That and like I stated above, I am not the best plant mother. I reckon that these self watering planters are the answer to my problem; the plants will water themselves for the most part, and I can hand the planters high enough so that my feral dogs won’t uproot all the plants.
9. Sneaky Sneakers from Saint & Summer: Oh man, I love sneakers! This style from Saint & Summer is 100% my style and even though white is a terrible colour for me (I tend to attract dirt and stains), I can’t resist.
What’s on your lust list?