You all seem to love the toddler and baby approved recipes that I share over on Instagram every now and then and so I thought that I would share this recipe for veggie muffins. Both of my girls are really good about eating their vegetables but I’m always trying to add just a few more to their diet, can’t hurt right?
These muffins are so versatile; great as a snack, part of breakfast, perfect in the lunchbox, delicious both warm or cold, can be whacked into the freezer and if you’re feeling fancy, you can even add some toppings to it! But the best part (besides them having lots of yummy veg) is that it is so quick and easy to make, hooray!
Toddler approved veggie muffins
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp sugar you can use a sugar replacement if you'd like
- 1 cup milk you can use a milk alternative
- 1 egg
- 50 g melted butter
- ½ cup brocolli
- ½ cup cauliflower
- ½ cup carrot
- 1½ cup grated chedder cheese
- Put your oven onto 180°C and let it preheat.
- Pop all your veggies into your Nutribullet or similar and pulse until they are broken down as small as possible. You can also grate them but the pieces will be bigger.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and stir well.
- Grease a muffin tin and then scoop your mixture into the cups, you can fill them to the ¾ mark.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top.
- Pop your tray into the oven and let your veggie muffins bake for 25-30min.
- Once they're done, slide a knife around the edges, remove and then place on a rack to cool.
I love that you can really use up all your veggies that have seen better days, in fact, you can even substitute the veg for berries if you’re after a bit more of a sweet treat. Let me know if you whip these up and what your kiddos think – I’d love to know!