Flip flop, I can’t believe in just over two weeks I’m turning T-H-I-R-T-Y!
I’ve never really had an issue with getting older, it just all seems quite surreal, I don’t feel like I’m “adulting” enough to be hitting this milestone. And like most people (I think?), I don’t feel like I have accomplished as much as I wanted to. In saying that though, I have done many things that I never thought I would do and lived to tell the tale. I for one definitely don’t give myself a pat on the back nearly enough and so here are five things that I am really proud of myself for: both big and small:
- Packing up my incredible life in Cape Town and starting from scratch in Johannesburg as one half of a newly married couple. Four years later, I can finally call Jozi home, even though Cape Town will always have a special place in my heart.
- Making time for my friends after having a baby. I can’t express how precious my special girl gang is to me and how much their support and rude jokes get me through the tough times.
- Dan and I purchasing our first apartment and then fixer-upper home.
- Making it though the absolute horrific experience of having a miscarriage in one piece. Processing the loss took a very long time and the sadness would creep in at the most unexpected times. It’s not something I would wish on my worst enemy.
- Being a mama. You knew that one was coming, didn’t you? Raising a tiny human is not easy but I’m so proud at how well both Dan and I have parented Aria and that our marriage has remained solid, if not even more so after the last year.
My twenties were a rollercoaster of note, but I have feeling that was just the warm up, thirty, I am SO ready for you!
Want to see a few of the things I’ve been hinting to Dan that I want for my birthday/Mother’s Day/wedding anniversary (yes, they are all within two weeks of each other), well here you go:
Dear Rae half circle bracelet
Light pink classic Supergas
Mr Price Home marble canisters
Mr Price Home plant pots
The Body Shop coconut exfoliator
LUSH the comforter bubble bar
Chanel lipstick in Boy
Skin Creamery everyday cream
Nuxe dry body oil
Happy birthday month to me and happy weekend to you!
Oh PS: what do you think of the new site? Let me know in the comments…