The way you guys wanted my moms mince pie recipe was intense! To be honest it’s ridiculously simple but more often than not, those are the most tasty treats right?
One of my earliest memories of Christmas is of my mom baking dozens and dozens of mince pies come 1 December. They would be devoured as quickly as she made them and nothing has changed, the whole family (and friends) are still massive fans!
I love that what are my childhood memories will now also become memories that my girls will remember when they’re older; baking mince pies with their granny at Christmas time. Truly these moments are what makes the festive season so special for me.
Now, let’s get into the recipe!
- 2¼ cup self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g margerine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 250 g fruit mince honestly, we have always just used store bought
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Rub in the margerine
- Beat the egg lightly and then add to the mixture
- Mix the dough together lightly with your fingertips
- Now that your short crust pastry has been made, roll it out and then using a glass, cut out circles
- Place the pastry circles into a greased muffin tin and then add a generous teaspoon of fruit mince
- Moisten the edges of the pastry circle with some water and then place another pastry circle on top
- Prick the top of the pies with a fork and then put them into the oven for 20min at 180°
- Once your mince pies have cooled down, you can sprinkle some caster sugar on top and then enjoy!
And it really is as easy as that! You can store them in a sealed container and they last well for a good week… if they even last that long!
If you whip up a batch, I’d love for you to tag me on social media, I love seeing what you guys get up to!
ShavaunDecember 7, 2022 at 7:47 am
Thank you for sharing ? cant wait to try them out