Let’s be honest, we can’t spurge on products all the time – I definitely can’t, there are bills to pay! I used to always make a bee line for the more expensive brands when I was in store but recently I’ve been on a bit more on a budget and this has forced me to take a closer look at the more affordable brands and wow I have been really impressed! I have decided to share my top five products under R50, hopefully this will cure your month end blues if you are suffering from them!
- Face: Ponds Multi Action Facial Foam + Scrub (about R32.99 for 50ml at leading retailers) – I already reviewed this cleanser over here but I can’t believe that my skin is still reacting so well to it! Friends of mine that have started using it have also raved about it. This clay cleanser promises to fight problems associated with oily and problematic skin without damaging it. It contains a small amount of salicylic acid in it which goes a long way in removing dead skin cells off the skins surface and preventing build up which can result in congestion.
- Hair: L’Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Conditioner (on special for R49.95 for 400ml at Clicks) – Now I haven’t actually purchased this yet but I am dying to, it sounds awesome! Infused with 6 different oils, it will transform your dry, lacklustre hair into a shining, silky mane of glory. I was quite excited when I read about the oils that it is infused with: lotus for intense nutrition, camomile to boost shine and radiance, Tiare flower to protect against dehydration, Matricaria softens the hair, rose protects your hair from external factors and flax oil intensely hydrates. Impressive huh?
- Body: Lush Tisty Toasty (R45.50 for 90g from Lush) – Lavender and rose, what an amazing duo, the ultimate when it comes to relaxing. I love to use this at the end of a hectic week. Besides it making you feel and smell great, it looks amazing in your bathroom!
- Nails: Essence Nail Art Polish Remover Ultra (R22.95 from Dischem) – This is my go to nail polish remover. It removes glitter like a dream (when using the soak off method) and doesn’t damage my nails. Affordable and effective, what’s not to love?
- Make-up: Essence Lipstick #44 Almost Famous (R36.95 from Dischem) – With winter fast approaching this berry tone lippie is perfect to add a pop of colour and brighten up your day if you aren’t a fan of the icy mornings and many layers of clothing. Don’t let this pricetag food you, I have always found Essence lipsticks to be long lasting and they have a lovely consistency.
I don’t think I will ever tire from having luxury products on my vanity or bathroom shelf but I am really enjoying exploring different, more pocket friendly brands. If you have any secret budget products, please comment below, I’ll definitely give them a try!