Yip, you guessed it, Aria is teething again! This time seems to be a little bit worse than the last time and so I wanted to share my 5 tips for teething with you.
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Apologies for being graphic, but teething nappies are something else – it’s like water and never ending. Make sure your little one is drinking enough fluids so that they don’t get dehydrated. Now that Aria is old enough to drink from a straw, the B.Box Sippy Cup has become a firm favourite for drinking water. In the evening after dinner I give her warm, black rooibos tea in her Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup.
2. Watch out for nappy rash: Because of those really horrid nappies, nappy rash is very common when teething. My go to bum cream is Sudocrem, followed very closely by the Pure Beginnings Bum Cream. I make sure to lather some on after every nappy change, and especially at night. Another tip that I picked up from my midwife was to sprinkle some maizena powder onto Aria’s bare bum and let her crawl around naked for a little while.
3. Soothe those gums: Shame, it must be really painful having teeth break through your gums and so I am not opposed to giving Aria some relief when I can see that it’s really sore. My two go to’s are the Pure Beginnings Teething Gel and also Pansoral. They both work like an absolute bomb!
4. Let them chew away: If I can avoid medicating Aria, I will and so the first thing I do is give her something to chew on. You can read about my two favourite teethers here. She also loves to munch on biltong and dried mango.
5. Drool catcher: Aria becomes a drool monster when she teethes. I love the Nibblebib by Toothi Totz – not only does it ensure that Aria’s clothes don’t become saturated with drool, it also has a silicone teether attached to it. So perfect for travel!
What are your top teething tips?