I love cous cous, it’s a great grain to have with a meal instead of rice, adds great texture and can be the main ingredient in an amazing salad… like today!
This cous cous salad is really easy to make and a total crowd pleaser, plus it’s really easy to jazz up and change around. Think of this recipe as your base cous cous salad recipe, master it and then go wild with your own additions and adaptations.
If you’re into meal-prepping you’ll also love this salad, especially because it doesn’t go soggy (read my tip to prevent that from happening, in the recipe)! It keeps brilliantly in the fridge and is a really delicious side or amazing with added chicken or veg.
But enough yapping on about it from me, here’s the how-to!
Easy Cous Couse Salad
- frozen corn
- cous cous
- feta cheese
- juice of a lemon
- Prep your frozen corn and cous cous according to the instructions on the box so that it cooks away while you continue with putting your salad together
- Dice your cucumber and tomato. Don't miss out on this VERY IMPORTANT step: hollow out your tomatoes, this prevents your salad from going soggy
- When your cous cous has cooked, fluff it up with a fork and then place it into your salad bowl
- Add your diced up cucumber and tomato, as well as your cooked corn and feta cheese
- Finish off with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy!