Is it just me or has the chilly weather come early? Not that I’m complaining – I love the cooler weather and it’s the perfect time for comfort food. This past weekend I whipped up some chickpea and potato curry and it was an absolute winner that I couldn’t not share it with you.
It’s a bit of a cheat’s curry but delicious none the less. I made mine in my Russel Hobbs pressure cooker but you can absolutely do it on the stove top as well. The ingredients are probably in your grocery cupboard right now (lockdown friendly, woohoo!) but if you do need to pick them up from the store, they’re on the more affordable side of the scale.
I served our curry with this absolutely delish 2 ingredient flat bread but you can eat it as is, or with rice, it’s totally up to you!
Chickpea and potato curry
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 200 ml cream
- 0,5 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- curry powder
- Put your pressure cooker on saute mode and let the coconut oil melt.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the curry powder and let it cook for 30 seconds to release the flavour.
- Add the drained chickpeas and chopped potatoes (I used one sweet potato and one normal potato as that's what I had on hand) and mix until they are coated in the curry mixture.
- Add the cream and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on your pressure cooker and set it to cook for 15 minutes on high.
- Once it's done, let it sit for 10 minutes before releasing the pressure.
And that’s it, pretty easy right? I hope that you enjoy this meal as much as I did, and just so you know, it tastes even better the next day!