Gosh, baked oats are by far my favourite breakfast. They’re filling, aren’t a lot of effort to make, there are so many combinations and it literally tastes like cake; what’s not to love?! I decided to share my fave apple pie baked oats with a yummy yogurt topping which can also be switched out for custard because YOLO. My fave is the Ultra-Mel Zero, and I am very generous with it!
I know I’ve just mentioned it but I really love how versatile baked oats are – I can change it up depending on my mood, all while following the basic recipe. Here are some of my favourite ways to enjoy baked oats:
– peaches (I use tinned ones) and topped with custard
– pecan nuts and topped with some honey
– apricot jam (just place some blobs in before you bake) topped with cinnamon and sugar
– blueberries topped with double thick yogurt
– add some cocoa powder and a few blocks of chocolate before baking
– plain baked oats topped with chocolate or Biscoff spread
I mean you can really go wild with how you jazz up your baked oats, that’s the beauty of this dish! Time to jump straight into the recipe…
Apple Pie Baked Oats
- 80 g instant oats
- 1 egg Can sub for two egg whites or a flax egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 140 ml milk of choice
- 100 g tinned apple slices
- 20 g raisins
- 100 ml plain yogurt Double thick works the best
- 2 tsp honey
- Add the oats, egg, baking powder, cinnamon and milk together and mix well. You can add something to sweeten the mixture if you'd like (mashed banana, suger, honey, sweetener, etc) but I don't find that it's neccessary.
- If you want a smooth, more cake-like texture, you can blend the above ingredients together. I usually don't as the oats texture doesn't bother me.
- You can now add the apple and raisins. You just need to place them in, they will move more towards the bottom on their own and the oats mixture will also rise above them.
- Bake in your airfryer at 180°C for 15min. If you are using a normal oven, you will probably need to bake it for 30min or so.
- While that's baking, you can whip up your yogurt topping. Combine the honey, cinnamon and yogurt together, you can also add a dash of lemon juice too.
- Once the baked oats are done, pour your yogurt topping on top and tuck in!