I can’t be the only one who gets bored with the same dinner schedule week after week, it all becomes a bit monotonous. This year I decided to try and spice things up a little by trying some new recipes, nothing crazy, just one a month. I’ve always seen pictures of chicken parmigiana but it looked like such a mission to make… but also delicious, which ultimately outweighed the few steps it takes to make this dish.
It’s been a hit with the family and actually doesnt take as long as long as I initially thought it would, especially when doing it in the airfryer (this is the Milex one that I have). We usually keep it simple and just have it with rice and some veggies but it would also be delish on top of some pasta.There are usually one or two pieces left over and they make for a great lunch for the next day.
If you have a smaller airfryer you may have to do two batches but it’s totally worth it, trust me. Of course you can also make this in the oven but just bake it for a while longer.
Airfryer Chicken Parmigiana
- 4-6 chicken fillets
- 2 eggs
- bread crumbs/weetbix
- 400 ml tomato based pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozerella cheese
- fresh basil
- 100 g grated parmasan cheese
- preferred spices
- In one bowl mix your two eggs and a little bit of milk, in another bowl. Add your breadcrumbs or broken up weetbix with your parmasan and spices of your choice, I like the Nomu One For All.
- Flatten out your chicken fillets either by butterfly slicing them or by placing them underneath some cling wrap and flattening them with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip the chicken fillets into the egg mixture, into the bread mixture (make sure to coat properly) and then into your airfryer. Top tip: place some tin foil at the bottom of your airfryer to minimise the mess.
- Cook in the airfryer on 180°C for 8min.
- Once it's done, turn over the chicken and add the toppings. First a generous layer of tomato based pasta sauce and then a good chunk of mozerella cheese.
- Pop back into the airfryer on 180°C for another 6min.
- After your chicken has finished cooking, plate it, garnish with some fresh chopped basil and enjoy!