Gosh wasn’t the weather this past weekend just amazing, I think everyone in Johannesburg had a braai at some point. We had a lovely lunch outside with my folks and I whipped up this delicious simple summer salad; its light but big on flavour and I’ve got to say, the very trendy buratta adds just the perfect amount of creaminess.
Grilling the nectarine slices (peaches will work well too) does add a little bit more time into the prep but it’s so worth it; the heat softens the slices just a little and brings out the sweetness. You can also totally prep this in advance and then break open the buratta just before serving.
Simple Summer Salad: Grilled Nectarine & Buratta
- 2 cups microgreens or rocket
- 2-3 sliced nectarines or peaches
- 1 ball buratta cheese
- Handful walnuts
- balsamic glaze
- Slice up your nectarine and on a griddle pan grill them on each side until their colour deepens. Put into the fridge to cool down.
- In a shallow dish, layer your microgreens and then grilled nectarine.
- Break open the buratta and spread over the salad a little.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the buratta and finish off with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Honestly this summer salad will go with pretty much any dish but make sure to add a glass of crisp chenin blanc.